Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Sugar Detox Challenge- Week 2

Only Whole Grains

This week for the sugar detox challenge I will have to choose only whole grains. No white flours. Also still stay away from high fructose corn syrup. This is because the body processes white flours about the same way as refined sugars.

Last week was fairly easy, even through my stomach bug incident. I did crave a Coke a couple days. I didn't give in, though! On Friday I made homemade chocolate chip cookies. The kind I haven't been able to eat for months. You know, with butter, and eggs, and tons of sugar? Yes. The first bite I took, it didn't taste right. I can't explain it. It was almost too rich tasting. It was so strange. Either way, I can't have anymore this week since they have white flour in them.

Tonight will be a test for me. I am taking my dad out to dinner for his birthday. Finding something to stay within the challenge guidelines will be more difficult since I don't know what ingredients are used in the food. Hopefully it wont be too difficult. I'm sure I wont starve.

I'll update tomorrow on this week's progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment