Thursday, August 21, 2014

Sugar Detox Challenge Week 1

So I am writing my WIAW post a day late. On Tuesday I came down with a horrible stomach bug which landed me in the E.R.. I was severely dehydrated. Needless to say, I was trying to rest yesterday and get back up to par. My daughter also caught the bug so I was taking care of her yesterday as well. Although it put a slight hindrance on my sugar detox challenge, I still was able to avoid high fructose corn syrup.

Monday:
Breakfast: Peanut butter on wheat toast and coffee with 2tsp of local honey

Lunch: Romaine salad with broccoli, onions, carrots, red bell pepper, and bacon. Dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Snack: "Thunder Cake" A storm was rolling in and my daughter is afraid of thunder so we read the book Thunder Cake by Patricia Polacco and made a makeshift thunder cake. It wasn't the recipe from the book. Instead I sort of used this recipe. I omitted the brown sugar and only used 1/4 cup white sugar. Then I used 3/4 cup sugar free applesauce and added a little bit more flour.



Dinner: Spaghetti (my husband made it since I had an ICAN meeting) using my homemade canned spaghetti sauce.

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Loaded veggie scrambled eggs- with broccoli, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, spinach, and cheese. Coffee- black

Lunch: Left over spaghetti

At this point I started getting sick and couldn't hold anything down.

Wednesday: 
Breakfast: plain cereal (no milk) and Power Aid

Lunch: Campbell's chicken noodle soup, crackers, and more Power Aid and water

Dinner: Southwest Chicken Salad with Cilantro Lime dressing (I forgot to take a picture) - I needed some real food but didn't want anything too heavy, and this was great. Oh, I added grilled chicken to that recipe.


Next week is only whole grains. I am probably going to be baking some whole grain bread today. I haven't actually made any before with just whole wheat. Hopefully it comes out okay. I need my peanut butter toast! I know the hardest week for me will be no bread, or starches. I am already not looking forward to it! I need to stay positive though.

Do you have any favorite recipes for whole/ sprouted grain breads?




No comments:

Post a Comment