Monday, August 11, 2014

ICAN - International Cesarean Awareness Network

On Saturday I spent half of the day at an event here in town called Nurturing Naturally. It is a breastfeeding and birth fair and this year was the second annual event. 




I think I have mentioned this before, but I am a local chapter co-leader of ICAN of Southern Nevada. It stands for International Cesarean Awareness Network

"The International Cesarean Awareness Network is a 501c3 non-profit advocacy and support group whose mission is to improve maternal and child health by preventing unnecessary cesareans through education, providing support for cesarean recovery and promoting vaginal birth after cesarean.(VBAC)"

After having a cesarean birth with my son, I have wanted to help other women have a better birth experience and spread the word about the benefits of VBAC and natural birth to other people in the valley. I wanted to have a booth at the Nurturing Naturally event to spread the word of ICAN of Southern Nevada and how it can help mothers. 



I had some great info-graphics from ICAN international! 



I think it turned out really great! I had a few different interested women who signed up for more information. I think it was great exposure for our local chapter. I hope we get some more people to come to our monthly meetings. 

If you are interested in cesarean or VBAC support or awareness, please come join us at our next monthly meeting! They are held the third Monday of every month at 7pm at 7455 W Azure Dr. Suite 120, Las Vegas, NV 89130. 

Find more information here:



No comments:

Post a Comment