Thursday, August 15, 2013

FIRST Post!

Hey everyone!

I never really thought I would actually work up the nerve to start my own blog. And yet, here I am! I am currently a stay at home mom to one very curious toddler and one baby on the way! I greatly appreciate how hard my DH works to allow for me to be at home, learning and growing with my daughter.

gender reveal photo courtesy of Gail Alvarez Photography


Before my daughter was born, we didn't have the "healthiest" of lifestyles. We ate pretty much only processed foods, and A LOT of fast food. Of course after she was born, I wanted her to be the healthiest, and happiest she could be. That started with breastfeeding, which we did successfully for 14 months. Yes there were ups and downs, but in the end she was getting vital nutrients from breast milk. While breastfeeding, I decided we needed to change our eating habits, since essentially, my daughter was eating what I was. That is when I started cutting out a lot of our processed foods. The road to optimal lifestyle health had begun!

Now, my daughter is 19 months old and eating fairly well. She is a toddler after all and has her picky moments! We wanted her to enjoy healthy foods not just tolerate them, so at 6 months old we started her on solids using the  Baby Led Weaning approach. 

eating chili and whole wheat crackers

Since finding out about baby number 2, I decided to cloth diaper this time around. With the help and generosity of my wonderful cousin and friend, we were recently gifted quite a few Bum Genius pocket diapers and a couple others. Because they are one size, they fit my toddler, so we have now truly converted! I also installed a diaper sprayer on our toilet to make things a little easier. (More on that in a future post)

To sum up this lengthy post, (yes there's more!) my goal for this blog is to be a place for me to talk about all our day to day, fun and messy adventures. This includes crafts/ DIY projects, recipes, organizing, and homeschooling, all while trying to keep our home happy and HEALTHY!


No comments:

Post a Comment