Friday, October 18, 2013

Candy Cane Cake Mix Cookies

The other day I had a craving for cookies! Actually just some kind of baked good. I wanted to bake something but didn't want to work too hard at it. I've had this boxed yellow cake mix in my cupboard for a while. I've been seeing a lot of "cake mix" cookie recipes on Pinterest. So I thought I would try my hand at making some. I honestly didn't think they would be as good as they turned out to be! Yum! Yes, they are from a pre-packaged, processed, boxed cake mix. But if you are looking for a quick easy cookie recipe just try it out!


Everything I used in these cookies I had on hand. I just improvised! That's what makes these so great! You can substitute your favorite add-ins to make them your own.


I used 1 box of yellow cake mix, 1 stick of melted butter, 2 eggs, and about half a package of Hershey's Candy Cane kisses. (I didn't use the regular chocolate chips that are in this picture)

I put the kisses in my food processor to chop them up. (They will chop easier at room temperature.) I dumped the cake mix in a bowl, added the eggs and melted butter and mixed it up. Then I added the chopped Candy Cane kisses.


Melody helped stir!


Scoop rounded tablespoonfuls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes. Don't let them get too brown or they will end up too chewy.


You can't eat just one!


Candy Cane Cake Mix Cookies

Makes about 42 cookies

Ingredients:

I box yellow cake mix
1 stick butter, melted (unsalted)
2 eggs
1/2 package of Hershey's Candy Cane kisses- chopped

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium size bowl, mix cake mix, melted butter, and eggs. Add chopped candy cane kisses and mix well. Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes.

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment